OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Agreement: These rules govern the Ren’s Pets Oakville Dorval Grand Opening Contest (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Wonderlist, a property of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited. (the “Sponsor”). The prize provider is Ren’s Feed & Supply Limited (the “Prize Provider”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of the town of Oakville, Ontario who have attained the age of eighteen (18) as at the start of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or prize supplier or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person per day.
- Contest: The Contest begins at 9:00 am ET on June 9, 2023 and ends at 9:00 am ET on July 9, 2023 (such period, the “Contest Period”). There are two ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize:
- Online: during the Contest Period, access the Contest website at wonderlist.ca, read these Contest rules, and follow the instructions to enter, complete and submit a Contest entry form (a valid email address will be required). Each entrant may use only one email address to enter the contest. To enter online, you must be a current subscriber or agree at the time of entry to subscribe to email alerts for the Sponsor website www.wonderlist.ca;
- Email: during the Contest Period, email email@example.com with the subject line “Ren’s Pets Oakville Dorval Grand Opening Contest”, your full name, email address, telephone number and an original 200 word essay about what type of contest you would like to see in Wonderlist. Please note that each e-mail entry must be accompanied by a unique original essay.
- Winner Section: The potential winners will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible entries received, which will take place at the Sponsor’s offices located at 8 Spadina Avenue, Toronto on July 10, 2023. The potential winners will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within 24 hours to maintain eligibility. If any potential winners cannot be contacted within this time period or fail to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answer the skill-testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
- Prizing:There are five (5) prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) e-gift card redeemable at Ren’s Pets. Approximate retail value of each prize is fifty dollars ($50.00) CAD.
Unauthorized use, reproduction, or resale of e-gift cards is prohibited. Safeguard your e-gift cards. E-Gift cards will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, used incorrectly or without authorization. E-Gift cards may not be exchanged for cash. Any purchase for an amount greater than the available balance of your gift cards must be paid with an alternative method of payment. Unless otherwise specified, e-gift cards cannot be combined with any other discounts, specials or offers. Sponsors or e-gift card issuer reserves the right to limit, revoke or refuse the use of the e-gift cards at any time at its sole discretion. Except where prohibited by law, e-gift cards may expire, and other terms and conditions may apply – see e-gift card issuer for details.
- Prize Claim: The prize will be fulfilled by the Prize Supplier via email. If a potential winner fails to respond or provide a valid postal address to the Sponsor within 24 hours of notification that he/she has been selected as a potential winner, such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another potential winner using the method described above. Sponsor and Prize Supplier shall not be responsible for liable for unclaimed, lost, damaged, or stolen prizes or for postal or courier delays, strikes or errors.
- Release: Prior to receiving the prize, each potential winner will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor, its related parties and any prize supplier from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, and its respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by the Sponsor within 24 hours of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant. Each winner and any guests may be required to sign additional releases upon admittance to the venue or request by Sponsor or a prize supplier.
- Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and any prize supplier and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
- Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. One (1) prize per person. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Neither Sponsor nor any prize supplier shall be liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.