OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Agreement: These rules govern the “Spring into Cleaning Contest” (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
2. Sponsors: The Contest sponsors are Save.ca, a property of Metroland Media Group Ltd., and Wonderlist, a property of Toronto Star Newspapers Limited (the “Sponsors”).
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have attained the age of eighteen (18) at the start of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsors or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person per day, plus a total of five (5) bonus entries per person during the Contest Period.
4. Contest: The Contest begins at 9:00am ET on March 27, 2023 and ends at 9:00am ET on April 28, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). There are three ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize:
(a) Online: during the Contest Period, access the Contest website at [INSERT URL], read these Contest rules, and follow the instructions to enter, complete and submit a Contest entry form (a valid email address will be required). Each entrant may use only one email address to enter the contest. To enter online, you must be a current subscriber or agree at the time of entry to subscribe to email alerts for the Sponsors’ websites: www.save.ca and www.wonderlist.ca.
(b) Email: during the Contest Period, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Spring into Cleaning Contest, your full name, email address, telephone number and an original 50 word essay about what type of contest you would like to see offered by the Sponsors. Please note that your e-mail entry must be accompanied by a unique original essay. Email entries must be received during the Contest Period. Proof of emailing is not proof of receipt.
(c) Bonus Entries: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day that can be obtained by submitting the online Contest entry form or an e-mail essay as outlined in (a) and (b) above. However, during the Contest Period, each entrant may obtain additional entries into the draw (up to a maximum total of five (5) additional entries for the Contest Period) by emailing email@example.com with the subject line Spring into Cleaning Contest- Bonus Entry, your full name, email address, telephone number and an original 25-word essay about what type of contest one of your good friends might like to see offered by the Sponsors. Please note that each e-mail bonus entry must be accompanied by a unique original essay. Please do not include any personal information about your friends (e.g. your friends’ names or e-mail addresses) as part of your submission. Proof of emailing is not proof of receipt.
5. Winner Selection: Five (5) potential winners will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible entries received, which will take place at the Sponsors’ offices located at 8 Spadina Avenue, 10th Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5V 0S8 on April 28, 2023. The potential winners will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsors and must reply within 48 hours to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
6. Prizing: There are five (5) prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) $100.00 gift card from one of the following retailers: (i) Walmart Canada or (ii) Canadian Tire. Approximate retail value of each prize is $100.00 CAD.
Unauthorized use, reproduction or resale of the prize is prohibited. Safeguard your gift card. Gift cards will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, used incorrectly or without authorization. Gift cards may not be exchanged for cash. Any purchase for an amount greater than the available balance of your gift card must be paid with an alternative method of payment. Unless otherwise specified, the gift card cannot be combined with any other discounts, specials or offers. Sponsors reserve the right to limit, revoke or refuse the use of a gift card at any time at its sole discretion. Except where prohibited by law, gift card may expire, and other terms and conditions may apply – see gift card supplier for details.
7. Prize Claim: The prizes will be coordinated and sent via email or ordinary mail to the winners by the Sponsors. If a potential winner fails to provide a valid email and mailing address to the Sponsors within 48 hours of notification that he/she has been selected as the potential winner, such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to select another potential winner using the method described above. Sponsors shall not be responsible or liable for unclaimed, lost, damaged, or stolen prizes or for postal or courier delays, strikes or errors. If a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem any prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited, and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
8. Release: Prior to receiving the prize, each potential winner will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsors and their respective related parties from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by the Sponsors within 48 hours of notification, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant. Winners may be required to sign additional releases upon request by Sponsors.
9. Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
11. Banning: The Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom they believe to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
12. Social Media Disclaimer and Release: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. (together, the “Social Media Platforms”). You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsors and not to the Social Media Platforms. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsors, and not to the Social Media Platforms. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify the Social Media Platforms and hold them harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
13. Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. There is a maximum of one prize per person. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. The Sponsors shall not be liable for any lost, late, misdirected, or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsors are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.